Thursday, February 24, 2011

Rollins Band - Obsence




This is Rollins doing his thing, and I can't think of any other band who has songs that sound anything like this, and I'm not referring to Rollins.  Remove Rollins from the picture, and does any band sound like this besides them?  I don't even know how to describe their sound.  I like to use the term  hard jazz or hard blues.

As demented as many people may think his lyrics are in this song, including the bass player at the start of the song when Rollins is just improving a rant,  I think there is a lot of truth to them.  How often do "we love someone and hate them at the same time?"  And as much as we like to point the finger at others to remove the speck from their own eye, we really need to think about ourselves first and get the plank out of ours first.  I think he points out our sinful natures very well.  I'm always convicted when I listen to this band. 

End Of Silence
"Obscene can be found on this CD"
 

No comments:

Post a Comment